Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I Love the Smell of SPF in the Morning!



Tel Aviv is on vacation...It may have occurred to you reading this, that work has been non-existent for me thus far. Aren't I here to intern? Well, because of the timing of my arrival right before Pesach, the business world is on a break. The company I'm interning for, the schools, and a lot of businesses aren't in their offices for the duration of Pesach. Lucky me ;) This is the longest "Spring Break" I've ever had in my life!
Since I don't have work or school, I headed to the beach today...it's very humid, but I went anyway. Leetal and I were looking for a place to lay out our beach blanket, and I saw a girl holding a guitar and figured next to her would be perfect...little did I know how right I was!
Heaven in Tel Aviv is:
-A group of people playing guitar and the girls in front of them turning around and asking to request a song...which they happily obliged
-A man carving a beautiful sand sculpture of a woman in a lounge chair while his two children make a giant drip castle next to him
-14 year old girls with braces, nose rings, long flowing hair, tanning with baby oil
-An old man walking up to us, asking if we would like to play paddle ball with him...the boys next to us played, then offered him a seat with them, watermelon, and water
-3 boys next to me with a bottle of vodka and 3 cups
-Naked babies playing in the sand, running all over the place
-The family next to me offering strangers soda and fruit
-A couple using an inflatable mattress to float out in the still water
-Dogs swimming in the ocean
-The sound of vendors walking around shouting, "Artik, Artik..chocolad, banana, limon!"
PARADISE!
It may have been super-packed with tourists and sticky hot, but I've never been more relaxed in my life!

Hebrew phrases for today's post:
Artik: popsicle
Matkot: paddleball
Yesh shemesh/ Ein shemesh: There is sun / There isn't sun
Hayom yom cham: Today is a hot day

No comments:

Post a Comment