And another chapter of my life ends... I have officially finished my five-month program with Oranim. I can't believe it. Five months ago today, I packed up and left my Newport life behind. And now, I throw away my security blanket of an organized program here. Well, kind of. Since I'm staying longer, I still have help if I need it, which is nice to know. As previously mentioned, I'll be selling more souls to Oranim, conducting phone interviews at their office with potential participants, which means everyone there will be watching out for me. My bosses at Omanoot are also great to have should I need anything...it's like I really have a family here now!Last week meant a few goodbyes, closing ceremonies, and one last group trip. Tuesday, our group had one last chat with Momo, President of Oranim, and he thanked us for everything we've done for Israel and promised help to anyone staying or coming back to live. No matter how cheesy his speeches can be, it still feels good. On the walk over, our group practically recited what we knew he'd say, but it was still meaningful. 

Wednesday's intimate closing ceremony was really amazing for me. With only six of us left, we're a very tight-knit group despite our differences, and we have a close relationship with our coordinators. We each talked about what this time has meant as individuals, and Tomer/Helen (our coodinators) praised our positivity and initiative as a group. We're everyone's favorites, obviously! They made us cd's with some Israeli music, and a personalized note, which was given with our certificate of completion of the program. My note said, "Lindsay, You're such a talented person, and we know you will go far in life. Every person you meet immediately falls in love with you. Continue being the kind-hearted person you are. We are truly going to miss you." That really meant a lot to me. My Hebrew teacher also wrote me a note in Hebrew, describing me as optimistic and smiley, which I definitely pride myself on being. I have to be, and always will be.
After all the gifts, we screened the slideshow I made for everyone, combining our five months into pictures/videos. Leetal helped me pick out some gorgeous pictures of Israel to go in it, and I think it turned out great! The perfect memory of our time together, in 17 minutes! (SO long, I know, but I wanted to put in everything!) I wish Guy and Gabe could have been there, but I put it on facebook so they could watch!
That night, we all went out together one last time before Erica left the next day...we went to Yehoshua, the bar we first went out to together....a place of many, many memories. Very bittersweet. 
While I still have another chapter in my international life until this blog becomes irrelevant...I do feel a sense of the end. I'm so thankful for this experience. It has really changed my life...being in Israel, surrounded by Jews, a new culture, a new world, and working experience. I will NEVER be the same person again. I think Ofer (the Director of our program) put it best. From afar, espeically when we go home, the changes will begin to appear, slowly becoming more obvious. It's a beautiful thing to grow and change. I love it. Thank you to everyone who made it possible, my family for understanding my need for this time, and my wonderful friends from the program. This is not the end.
Todah Rabah l'koolam!Hebrew phrases for today's post:
Matana: gift
Masa: journey
Optimeet: optimistic
Ani yotzet eem chaverim sheli l'moadon v'anachnu oseem mesiba!: I go out with my friends to a club and make a party!
Yesh li od zman b'yisrael: I have more time in Israel
No comments:
Post a Comment